LYCOMING COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
Formed April 13, 1795 out of Northumberland County. The
name (from a Delaware Indian word) honors Lycoming Creek. Williamsport,
the county seat, became a borough, 1a)6, and a city, 1866. Once a great
lumbering center. Birthplace of Lithe League Baseball. City type:
County Courthouse, W. 3rd St., Williamsport.
For a map directing you to Lycoming County click here.
MUNCY MILLS ( Junction PA 405 & 442 E of Muncy.)
MUNCY (PA 405 E & SR2014 (old PA 147) N of Muncy.)
CAPT. JOHN BRADY ( SR 2014 (old PA 147) .8 mile N of Muncy.)
PENNSYLVANIA CANAL (WEST BRANCH DIVISION) ( Near junction SR 2014 (old PA
147) & SR 2036 (old US 220), Halls.)
PENNSDALE MEETING ( Junction SR 2051 (former LR 41054) & township
road Dormer LR 41154) near Pennsdale.)
SUSQUEHANNA LOG BOOM ( US 15 just S of Williamsport.)
WILLIAMSPORT ( On main highways leading into city.)
BLOOMING GROVE DUNKARD MEETING HOUSE ( Plaque: meetinghouse 2 miles E of
Balls Mills, .7 mile S of PA 973.)
SHESHEQUIN PATH ( US 15, 2.2 miles S of Trout Run.)
WILLIAMSON ROAD ( US 15 at Trout Run.)
SHESHEQUIN PATH ( PA 14, 1.4 miles NE of Trout Run.)
FORT ANTES ( Main & Seminary Sts. (on old US 220).
PINE CREEK PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH ( SR 3028 (old US 220) .5 mile SW of
[ANTES FORT] ( Plaque: PA 44, 1 mile E of Jersey Shore.)
Return to Pennsylvania's county list.
Signs of History ® is a
registered mark of Grover & Jayne Hibberd
Send comments and suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com