BEAVER COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
Formed March 12, 1800 from Washington and Allegheny counties. The county seat,
Beaver, was laid out 1792-93. County's waterways have spurred its industrial growth. At
Shippingport was the world's first full-scale atomic power station devoted to civilian needs.
(City type: County Courthouse, at park on 3rd St., Beaver.)
For a map directing you to Beaver County click here.
OLD ECONOMY ( PA 65 in Ambridge, across from site.)
OLD ECONOMY MEMORIAL ( Old Economy, 13th S Church Sts., Ambridge.)
HARMONY SOCIETY CEMETERY 1823-1951 ( City type: Church St., center of cemetery, Ambridge.)
HARMONY SOCIETY CHURCH ( City type: Church St. near Creese St., Ambridge.)
LOGSTOWN ( Duss Ave. [old PA 65] at Anthony Wayne Dr. N of Ambridge.)
[LOGSTOWN] ( Plaque: Duss Ave. at Anthony Wayne Dr. N of Ambridge.)
LEGIONVILLE ( Duss Aye. at Anthony Wayne Dr. N of Ambridge.)
[GENERAL WAYNE'S CAMP] ( Plaque: Duss Ave. at Anthony Wayne Dr. N
KING BEAVER'S TOWN ( PA 68 [3rd St.] at Wilson Ave., Beaver.)
FORT McINTOSH ( PA 68 [3rd St.] at Insurance St., Beaver.)
MATTHEW S. QUAY ( PA 68 [3rd St.] at Insurance St., Beaver.)
"WHITE COTTAGE" ( City type: 1221 3rd Ave., New Brighton.)
Return to Pennsylvania's county list.
Signs of History ®
is a registered mark of Grover & Jayne Hibberd
Send comments and suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com