First Christian Church

Signs of History
Organized December 2, 1832, by noted minister and educator Philip S. Fall, aided by John T. Johnson.  Services held at various location until 1842 when church erected on this site.  Alexander Campbell preached here.  Church burned, 1870;  Emily T. Tubman gave money to erect second building.  Part of it utilized in resent edifice, completed, 1924.  Presented by First Christian Church.

Photograph courtesy of Dave Redden. (08/01/01)

Return to Franklin County marker listing