Signs of History SM
Built 7 1/4 miles east in 1832 by Aylette Hartswell Buckner, S. V. Leedom, Cadwallader Churchill. A stone stack about 35 ft. high, 9 ft. across at widest inside. It burned charcoal fuel to produce pig iron and utensils from local ore. It's air-blast machinery was powered by a water wheel. Its operations were discontinued in 1837. See other side.
Photograph courtesy of the Jim Poore and the Hart County Historical Society