Signs of History SM
Established by the Presbyterian Church in 1889 for the education of youth from the mountains of southern Appalachia.
It now draws students from many states and foreign lands. The Celtic Cross, visible from many points of wide area,
symbolizes its Christian aims and purposes.
Photograph courtesy of Mrs. Novella Froman (July, 1997)
Return to Pike County marker listing