Forage Depot - Civil War

Signs of History SM


In Dec. 1861, Col. Frank Wolford, USA, with Companies A, B, C and H left Camp Billy Williams enroute to Webbs Cross Roads. Here they guarded forage collected and stored by Lieutenant Silas Adams, Regimental Quartermaster of First Ky. Cavalry. July 4, 1862, the First Ky. Cavalry bivouacked here one night; next day Col. Wolford marched with them on to Lebanon. Return to Russell County marker listing.

Return to main menu