Oxford Christian Church

Signs of History SM


Organized at the Old Sugar Ridge Schoolhouse in July 1831.  In 1847 new, frame church was built under supervision of Edlers John A. Gano, Sr. , and "Raccoon" John Smith.  The original membership was about 100.  Church was repaired in 1881 under the pastorate of Elder C. F. Forscutt.  Present brick church built 1900-01 by E. C. Muddiman.  Presented by Osford Christian Church


To see the reverse side of marker click here
.
Return to Scott County marker listing.

Return to main menu