Signs of History SM
|Present structure, 4th courthouse of Scott County, erected in
1877 at a cost of $34,600. It is an outstanding example of the French "Second Empire Style,"
known in U.S. as "Gen. Grant Style." Built of materials obtainable in this area. Distance
from ground to top of steeple is 185 ft. Designed by Thomas Boyd of Pittsburgh, who served
as supervising architect.
Return to Scott County marker listing
|Copyright 1998 Grover & Jayne Hibberd|