For a map directing you to Buckingham County click here.
Area: 584 square miles
Formed in 1761 from Albemarle, and named for Buckinghamshire, England. Peter Francisco, noted Revolutionary
soldier, lived in this county.
Carter G. Woodson, F-53 Rte. 15, 10 miles n. of Dillwyn
Female Collegiate Institute, F-54 Rte. 15, 5 miles n. of Diliwyn
Gold Mines, F-55 Rte. 15, at Dillwyn
Old Buckingham Church, F-56 Rte. 15,. 75 mile s.w. of Rte. 610
Carter G. Woodson Birthplace, F-57 Rte. 15, at Rte. 670
March to Appomattox, F-59 Rte. 15, 8.8 miles s. of Sprouses
Eve of Appomattox, F-60 Rte. 15, 11.3 miles s. of Sprouses
New Store Village, F-6 1 Rte. 15, 11.3 miles s. of Sprouses
rook-Rome of John Wayles Eppes, O-38 Rte. 15, 6.5 miles s. of Rte. 60
Geographical Center of Virginia, 0-39 Rtes. 60 and 24 at Mount Rush
After Appomattox, 0-42 Rte. 60, 1.1 miles e. of Buckingham
Buckingham Courthouse, p.202 Rte. 60, at Buckingham Court House
Return to Virginia's county list.
Signs of History SM is a servicemark of Grover Hibberd & Jayne Pitts-Hibberd
Send comments or suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com
Copyright 1998 Grover & Jayne Hibberd