For a map directing you to Northampton County click here.
Area: 239 square miles
One of the original shires formed in 1634 and named Accomac. In 1643 the name was changed to Northampton for an
English county. This county was Governor Berkeley's stronghold in the rebellion of 1676.
Site of Tidewater Institute, WY-2, Rte. 636, .75 mile e. of Rte. 13
Salem Methodist Church, WY-3, Rte. 13, at Rte. 636
Cape Charles, WY-4, Rte. 13 near Rte. 184
Arlington, WY-5, Rte. 13, 3 miles n. of Cape Charles
Old Places, WY-6, Rte. 13, 3 miles n. of Cape Charles
Towne Fields, WY-7, Rte. 13, at Cheriton
First Courthouse, WY-7, Rte. 13, at Cheriton
Home of First Settler, WY-8, Rte. 13, 1 mile s. of Eastville
Indian Village, WY-9, Rte. 13, at Eastville
Old Courthouse, WY-10, Rte. 13, at Eastville
Hungers Church and Vaucluse, WY-11, Rte. 13, 2.8 miles s. of Nassawadox
Return to Virginia's county list.
Signs of History SM is a service mark of Grover Hibberd & Jayne Pitts-Hibberd
Send comments or suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com
Copyright 1998 Grover & Jayne Hibberd