Signs of History (SM)

Wythe County


For a map directing you to Wythe County click here.

Area: 479 square miles

Formed in 1789 from Montgomery, and named for George Wythe, signer of the Declaration of Independence. New River flows through this county.
St. John's Lutheran Church, Rte. 21, at Wytheville
A Colonial Soldier's Home, Rte. 11, at e. entrance of Wytheville
Site of Mount Airy, Rte. 11, 12.9 miles w. of Wytheville
Wytheville, Rte. 11, at Wytheville
Anchor and Hope Plantation, Rte. 52, at Fort Chiswell
Ingleside, Rte. 11, at e. entrance of Wytheville
Lead Mines, Rte. 52, at Fort Chiswell
Toland's Raid, Rte. 52, at Bland Co. line
Seat of Fincastle County, Rte. 52, 5.5 miles s.e. of Fort Chiswell
Jackson's Ferry and Old Shot Tower, Rte. 52, 7.7 miles s.e. of Fort Chiswell
Austin's Birthplace, Rte. 52, at Poplar Camp

Return to Virginia's county list.

Signs of History SM is a servicemark of Grover Hibberd & Jayne Pitts-Hibberd
Send comments or suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com
Copyright 1998 Grover & Jayne Hibberd